the art of anime
Animes bring us into another world with lovely characters, dynamic environment, unique and deep stories. But if we want to define anime in a few sentences, we can say anime is a popular form of animation that originated in Japan and has become a global phenomenon over the years. With its unique visual style, engaging stories, and diverse genres, anime has captured the hearts of audiences worldwide. In this blog, we’ll cover everything you need to know about anime.
HOW IS ANIME MADE !?
Making an anime can be difficult and full of challenges like making a movie but an anime is first created in the mind (author’s mind) But let’s see the general steps of creating an anime below:
1. Planning and Concept Development: The first step in creating an anime is to develop the idea for the show. This may involve creating characters, designing the setting, and developing the story.
2. Scriptwriting: Once the concept is developed, a scriptwriter will create a screenplay that outlines the plot, dialogue, and scenes for each episode.
3. Storyboarding: The storyboard artist will create a visual representation of the script, including shots, angles, and camera movements.
4. Voice Acting: The voice actors will record their dialogue in a studio. This may involve multiple takes to get the perfect performance.
5. Animation: The animation process involves drawing, coloring, and animating each frame of the show. This is often done using computer software, although traditional hand-drawn animation is still used in some productions.
6. Sound Design: Sound effects, music, and other audio elements are added to the show during post-production.
7. Editing: The final step in the process involves putting everything together, including the animation, sound effects, and music, to create the finished product.
How long does it take to make an anime?
The time it takes to make an anime can vary depending on the complexity of the project, the size of the production team, and other factors such as the studio’s schedule and budget. Generally, the production process of an anime series can take several months to a few years. Here is a breakdown of the main stages involved in creating an anime and how long they can take:
1. Planning and Pre-Production: This stage involves creating the concept, storyboarding, designing characters and backgrounds, and developing the script. Depending on the complexity of the project, this stage can take a few months to a year.
2. Animation Production: This stage involves creating the actual animation, including key frames, in-between frames, and coloring. The time it takes to produce the animation can vary significantly depending on the length of the anime, the complexity of the animation, and the size of the production team. A 12-episode anime series can take around 6-8 months to produce, while a feature-length anime film can take up to 2-3 years.
3. Post-Production: This stage involves editing, sound design, music composition, and other finishing touches. Post-production can take a few weeks to several months, depending on the length and complexity of the project.
Well! Now that we know a little more about the anime, its production stages and time, let’s know a little more about the most popular and expensive anime in history.
What is the most expensive anime in history !?
The most expensive anime in history is considered to be “The End of Evangelion,” which was released in 1997 as a follow-up to the popular anime series “Neon Genesis Evangelion.” The film was directed by Hideaki Anno and produced by Gainax, with a production budget of around 2 billion yen (approximately $18 million USD at the time).
The End of Evangelion features high-quality animation, elaborate visual effects, and a complex storyline, which contributed to its high production cost. Despite the hefty budget, the film was a commercial success, grossing over 3 billion yen (approximately $27 million USD) at the box office.
“Neon Genesis Evangelion” is a popular anime series set in a futuristic Tokyo where a group called NERV defends the city against giant monsters known as Angels using giant biomechanical humanoid machines called Evangelions piloted by teenagers. The series explores deep philosophical themes, features complex characters, and uses religious and mythological imagery. It has had a lasting impact on the industry and spawned several movies and spin-offs.
The most popular anime in history
The ten most popular anime in history, based on their cultural impact, viewership, and merchandise sales, are:
1. Dragon Ball – A classic shonen anime series that follows the adventures of Goku, a powerful warrior who defends the Earth against various villains.
2. Naruto – A long-running shonen anime about a young ninja named Naruto Uzumaki, who dreams of becoming the Hokage (leader) of his village.
3. One Piece – A pirate-themed shonen anime that follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy and his crew as they search for the ultimate treasure, the One Piece.
4. Sailor Moon – A magical girl anime series about a teenage girl named Usagi Tsukino, who transforms into Sailor Moon to fight evil and protect the Earth.
5. Attack on Titan – A dark fantasy anime set in a world where humanity is threatened by giant humanoid creatures known as Titans.
6. Pokemon – A popular anime and video game franchise about a young trainer named Ash Ketchum and his various Pokemon companions as they explore the world and compete in battles.
7. Death Note – A psychological thriller anime series about a high school student named Light Yagami who discovers a supernatural notebook that allows him to kill anyone whose name he writes in it.
8. Fullmetal Alchemist – A fantasy adventure anime series about two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who use alchemy to search for the Philosopher’s Stone and restore their bodies.
9. Cowboy Bebop – A classic anime series that follows the adventures of a group of bounty hunters traveling through space in the year 2071.
10. Bleach – A long-running shonen anime series about a high school student named Ichigo Kurosaki, who becomes a Soul Reaper and battles evil spirits known as Hollows.
Maybe you haven’t seen your favorite anime above! but you should know that we also had a hard time choosing a few of the best because most of the anime deserved to be in the top 10.
But now let’s look at the genres of anime a little more.
ANIME FOR EVERYONE
Most people think that anime is only created in romantic genres or have similar themes, but this is a mistake because anime is created in many genres such as:
Action and adventure anime are some of the most popular genres in the medium. These shows feature fast-paced action sequences, intense battles, and thrilling plotlines that keep audiences on the edge of their seats. Some popular examples of action and adventure anime include Attack on Titan, Naruto, and One Piece.
Romance anime is a genre that focuses on the development of romantic relationships between characters. These shows often explore themes of love, heartbreak, and self-discovery, and can range from lighthearted comedies to dramatic tearjerkers. Some popular romance anime include Your Lie in April, Toradora!, and Clannad.
Comedy anime is a genre that focuses on humor and entertainment. These shows often feature exaggerated characters, silly situations, and slapstick humor that can make audiences laugh out loud. Some popular examples of comedy anime include Ouran High School Host Club, Konosuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!, and The Devil is a Part-Timer!.
Drama anime is a genre that focuses on serious, emotional storylines that explore complex themes such as loss, grief, and self-discovery. These shows often have a slower pace and rely on character development and deep storytelling to engage audiences. Some popular drama anime include Your Lie in April, Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, and Clannad.
Fantasy anime is a genre that explores magical or supernatural elements in a fictional world. These shows often feature epic battles between good and evil, mythical creatures, and powerful heroes with magical abilities. Some popular fantasy anime include Fullmetal Alchemist, Sword Art Online, and Re:Zero – Starting Life in Another World.
Horror anime is a genre that focuses on fear and the supernatural. These shows often feature dark themes, disturbing imagery, and supernatural elements that can leave audiences feeling uneasy. Some popular horror anime include Another, Attack on Titan, and Tokyo Ghoul.
Sci-fi anime is a genre that explores futuristic or scientific concepts in a fictional world. These shows often feature advanced technology, space travel, and themes of exploration and discovery. Some popular sci-fi anime include Steins;Gate, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop.
Whether you’re a fan of action-packed adventure, heartwarming romance, or spooky horror, there is an anime out there for you. So, grab some popcorn and dive into the wonderful world of anime!
Maybe until a few years ago, anime was just entertainment on television and cinema screens, but now anime fans have reached millions of people everywhere in the world and some of them have taken the anime from the screens and tried them in their daily life, but where is anime used !?
Anime fashion is all about expressing yourself through bold colors, unique designs, and eye-catching accessories. Some popular anime-inspired clothing items include hoodies, t-shirts, and jackets with anime characters and symbols printed on them. You can also find accessories like chokers, headbands, and jewelry inspired by anime shows.
One of the most popular anime-inspired fashion trends is the “Harajuku” style, which originated in Japan’s Harajuku district. This style features a mix of bright colors, layers, and bold patterns. It’s all about creating a unique and personalized look that expresses your individuality.
Anime fans are known for their love of Japanese cuisine, and many of them enjoy cooking and eating dishes inspired by their favorite shows. Some popular anime-inspired foods include ramen, sushi, bento boxes, and matcha tea.
If you’re interested in trying your hand at anime-inspired cooking, there are plenty of recipes and tutorials available online. You can also find specialty stores that sell anime-inspired food and drinks, such as themed cafes and tea shops.
Anime fans often incorporate their love of anime into their home decor. You can find all sorts of anime-inspired home goods, such as bedding, wall art, and even furniture. Some fans also like to display their anime collections, such as figures and posters, as part of their home decor.
One popular way to decorate your home in an anime-inspired style is to create a “kawaii” or cute aesthetic. This involves using pastel colors, plushies, and other cute accessories to create a cozy and inviting space.
One of the best things about the anime lifestyle is the sense of community it provides. Anime fans come together online and in person to discuss their favorite shows, cosplay, and attend events such as anime conventions. This community offers a supportive and inclusive space where fans can express themselves and connect with like-minded individuals.
But you might be wondering how to get inspiration from anime style in your everyday life !!! so, take a look at the text below.